Conquer Stage Fright
7PM - 9PM
WordSpeak Jam Slam is a Spoken Word & Public Speaking Performance Workshop where students learn how to defeat their performance anxiety and improve their presentation skills! Delivering a speech in front of an audience can be scary but this is a safe space where you get to make mistakes and be yourself, warts and all, without judgment! If you are willing to open your mind and be teachable then you will see results very quickly. You will learn the art of performance and presentation through spoken word, stories, monologues and speeches in front of fellow students, in a warm and friendly environment. If you happen to have a speech/monologue/presentation you are working on then this where you get to try it out. Whether beginner or advanced, each Student Performer will receive feedback from me, Vocal Sensei Carolyn Thompson, on how to improve technique, performance and stage presence. Fellow students are encouraged to give constructive, positive feedback and help each other grow as speakers. Check out my TED Talks video about Stage Fright!
Spring Registration is now OPEN!
- Do I need any experience? Nope.
- Do I have to be perfect? Heck no!
Ready to Sign Up?
- Complete registration process
- You must register here and pay online prior to attending the class
- No cash at the door
- Check email for appointment confirmation
- Once registered please send fee via email money transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org or pay by credit card via invoice
- Check email for invoice
- See you there!
Due to the number of attendees, payments can no longer accepted at the door.
What to Bring?
- A positive attitude
- Good sense of humour
- Your voice 😉
How to prep for Word Speak
- Come ready to speak
- Bring a positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Check a new theme each week
- Bring your spoken word poem, story, speech, presentation.
- Do your best to memorize, if relevant.
Benefits of Word Speak
- Overcome stage fright
- Try out new techniques
- Learn from fellow students
- Present/Speak/Perform in front of an audience
- Get feedback
- Improve your skills
- Keep it simple
- Try out different ideas
- Have fun
Word Speak Fees
Teen/Adult Public Speaking Class 13+
Group Workshop at the VE Studio
Price per student
|Package||Regular Price||Sale Price||Savings||Booking Deadline|
- 1x 120min
- 3x 120min
- 1x 120min
General Rules and etiquette:
- Please be courteous and avoid calling, emailing or pming me (no texts) at the last min (24hrs). It takes alot of work and logistics to organize classes and workshops, so if you waited till the last min to get organized then I'm sorry but I can't help you. Be sure to read the emailed Vocal Euphoria Appointment confirmation and reminders for further instructions.
- Arrive 15 min prior to workshop. We will start on time
- Student performers can bring family or friends as guests. $10 each
- If you are running late, no need to blow up my phone. Just show up!
- See Terms for more info
- Word Speak – Register Today!
Every Tuesday, beginning January 8, “Word Speak” is a Spoken Word/Public Speaking Workshop where students (teens and adults 13+) learn easy techniques to defeat performance …
- Master Class+ – Register Today!
The Master Class Plus+ is a new and improved singing workshop! Student performers will learn to sing songs while accompanied by a professional musician (ie …
- Kids Drama Class – Register Today!
Every Wednesday, beginning January 16, kids get to be kids and create a play together! “Oh the Drama!” is a great opportunity to learn how …
- Kids Choir – Register Today!
Every Monday, beginning January 14th, kids get to be kids and perform fun songs as a group. “Joining Voices” is a great opportunity to learn …