What is a Master Class?
The Master Class is where students perform songs in front of an audience of fellow students, friends and family, in a warm and friendly environment. Whether beginner or advanced, each “Performing Student” will receive feedback from Pro Singer, TEDx Speaker and Voice Coach – Carolyn T, on how to improve technique, performance and stage presence.
Saturday October 7, 2017 1:30PM – 3:30PM
Student Performers – $75 each
Audience members – $10 each
Limited Spots Available!
Ready to Sign Up?
- Complete registration process
- registration deadline is Saturday September 30, 2017
- Send fee via email money transfer to email@example.com or pay by Visa or MasterCard
- Due to the number of attendees, payment can no longer accepted at the door
- IMPORTANT!!! Read confirmation email for preparation/sheet music instructions! (Video Tutorial Below)
- See you there!
Do I need any experience? Nope
Do I have to be perfect? Heck no!
What to Bring?
- Sheet music and/or Mp3 player
- Good sense of humour
- Your voice 😉
- From now on every Master Class will have a theme.
- Suggestions are always welcome!
- The theme for October 7 is: Storytelling
Themes can be interpreted any way that you want when you perform your song. For example …Storytelling:
- the word “storytelling” can be in the song or…
- the song can be a story or…
- the song is a story about you or the artist or…
- the song reminds you of a story ….etc.
Be creative! Keep it simple 🙂
Performing as a Duo and/or Trio:
- Each song performed as a duo or trio counts as one of your two songs whether you sing backups or lead
- Keep it simple
- If you want, you may book a private session as a group to practice. If you purchase(d) a package of private one-on-one sessions then you may use one of those sessions toward your group session.
- Prep rules below still apply
IMPORTANT! How to prep for the Master Class:
- Please choose 2x songs you would like to sing.
- Song #1 with piano accompaniment
- Song#2 with piano accompaniment or karaoke track
- Each song can be up to 3.5 min long, maximum
- Your first song is for the Feedback Round and if there is enough time, you can sing your second song in the Lightening Round
- At least one song must use piano accompaniment
- Sheet music and Instrumental tracks
- Purchase printed sheet music.
- Download instrumental track to your phone/mp3 player.
- clean instrumental tracks (in your key) can be purchased and downloaded at karaokeversion.com
- there is no guaranteed access to wifi so if you want to use the music from a youtube instrumental/karaoke video then you will have to rely on your phone data for internet access
- tracks must be instrumental only (no lead singer)
- Yes you can play your own instrument with the pianist and/or for your second tune (ie guitar – minimal gear/quick setup).
- Lyrics must be memorized!
- go to Student Resources for memorization tips and tricks
- piano accompaniment, PA, Speakers and microphone will be provided
- songs and microphone technique can be practiced in private sessions
Benefits of Master Class:
- Overcome stage fright
- Try out new techniques
- Learn from fellow students
- Perform in front of an audience
- Get feedback
- Improve your skills
- Perform solo, duo or even trio
- Learn to sing, unrehearsed, with piano accompaniment
- Keep it simple
- Have fun
General Rules and etiquette:
- Please be courteous and avoid calling, emailing or pming me at the last min (24hrs). It takes alot of work and logistics to organize classes and workshops, so if you waited till the last min to get organized then I’m sorry but I can’t help you. Be sure to read the emailed Vocal Euphoria Appointment confirmation and reminders for further instructions.
- Arrive 15 min prior to workshop. We will start on time
- Student performers can bring family or friends as guests. $10 each
- If you are running late, no need to blow up my phone. Just show up!
FYI – There will likely be someone shooting photos or video to be added to the website and social media. Students are encouraged to take photos and videos during the class as a learning tool. If you do not want to be in a photo or video please do not register OR come at your own risk.
See Terms for more info
This event is non-refundable, non-transferable and non-negotiable
Ask about corporate team building workshops!